There are many activities to take advantage of here in San Juan del Sur. Feel free to ask about reserving any of these activities through us at no extra cost.
Water and Land Tours & Activities
- Surfing - Surf has become an important part of tourism here in San Juan del Sur. The town has adapted quite well to its calling and the local Nicaraguans have grown quite fond of the sport themselves. There are a number of beaches to surf in the San Juan del Sur area, some of the better known waves include: Maderas, Majagual, Remanso, Hermosa and El Yankee.
- Fishing: There are a number of ways to can go about getting a fishing tour set up and a variety of tours available. We only recommend the responsible tour providers.
- If you are looking to go fishing with the family or maybe not so serious about this sport but still enjoy some time out on the water and catching a few for dinner? Check Ducks Fishing and San Juan Surf tour providers out.
- For those of you who are looking for the Serious Fishing Experience – Check out Deep Sea Fishing with the Cloe Frijole and some luxury fishing options as well.
- Snorkeling - There are a couple of places to get snorkeling gear in the San Juan del Sur area but the best snorkeling spots are on the Atlantic side of Nicaragua.
- Scuba Diving – Currently, there is only one shop in San Juan del Sur that offers scuba diving tours and lessons, PADI approved. However, this kind of Scuba diving is best for the experienced diver looking to enjoy something different from the colorful corals and fish more likely found on the Atlantic side of Nicaragua in the Caribbean waters. It could be said that Pacific Ocean diving is for the more advanced and daring diver with deeper waters, and larger marine life to be seen.
- Paddle Boarding - This sport is still on the rise but we are witnessing more and more paddle boarders in San Juan del Sur. There are even some paddle boards available for rent by the hour in town. $15 per hour rental only in San Juan del Sur
- Horseback Riding - There are two horseback riding Tours providers in the area. One option is more convenient and closer to town and the other is more of a quality horseback riding Tours with a variety of options in lengths of tour and things to see. Make sure to have jeans and closed toed shoes on for this tour!
- ATV Tours – This is one of my personal favorite Tour options in the area. As long as you are willing to get a bit dirty during the wet seasons, the tour gives you the liberty to experience the area first hand.
- Canopy or Zip Line Tours – There are a number of Zip Lines in Nicaragua. The one closest to San Juan del Sur is the longest with 1.6 Kilometers and 17 platforms with a price you can’t beat of $30 per person. Just remember to wear close-toed shoes!!
- Yoga Lesson or Retreats – Take a Yoga class in a relaxing environment, enjoy 1 of 4 classes a day or all of them =) or Visit an Eco friendly neighborhood and cleanse the mind and body while enjoying organic foods and great Yoga instructors
- Paintball – Packages begin at $25
- Jesus Statue - self tour for just US $1 per person
- Rappelling – More info coming soon
- Hiking Trails – There are a number of properties in the San Juan del Sur area, both privately owed and public properties which have been prepared for hiking trails. Please let us know what you are looking for so we may recommend some to you
- “Voluntourism”- Tour and/or Volunteer and learn more about what the foundations and different groups of people are doing to help educate and unify this community and its people
- Tour an Eco Friendly Sustainable Farm – Best for larger groups